Summary of Position:
The Property Manager position supports and assists in the management of commercial real estate interests in accordance with the directives from executive management and the ownership group.
Skills and Knowledge:
The following attributes are desirable for job success:
- exceptional communication and organizational skills
- detail oriented and accurate especially with numbers
- customer service experience
- ability to work under pressure
- self- motivated and self-directed; ability to assert oneself
- exemplary time management skills; ability to oversee and work with staff in solving problems
- The ability to provide direction and management oversight.
- Plan and schedule projects and development including prioritizing tasks
- Provide excellent tenant service. Respond to tenant requests/problems in a timely and courteous manner, and direct vendors or maintenance personnel. Follow-up with the tenant to ensure satisfactory resolution of the issue. Ensure that there is 24-hour emergency coverage for the property at all times.
- Conduct periodic inspections of the property and tenant spaces to ensure compliance with leases and the proper upkeep of the property.
- Ensure that property and lease files are properly maintained and kept up to date in accordance with company policy. Prepare and maintain appropriate tenant lease files, records, correspondence and file notes.
- Assist with administering tenant occupancy including providing the new tenant with an introduction letter regarding emergency contacts, insurance requirements, rent collection procedures, and maintenance request procedures.
- Oversee and administer the production and/or review of reconciliations of common area maintenance, insurance and real estate tax expenses. Ensure for proper billing and collection pursuant to the leases administered.
- Oversee the preparation of transaction related documents, leases, amendments, etc.
- Contract and coordinate with brokers and tenant representatives in an effort to reduce vacancies
- Monitor collection status and oversee and assist in the collection process when required in an effort to minimize delinquencies
- Become proficient with the company’s property management software as well as other lease administration applications. Coordinate entry of all property information into the software program and establish reporting protocols for maintenance requests, preventative maintenance, vendor and tenant Certificates of Insurance and key lease date tracking. Monitor all key dates and reporting within the property management software and lease administration applications.
- Attempt to minimize or prevent potential liability associated with the real estate interest through proper management of insurance policies
- Monitor real estate tax activity and ensure that all property tax obligations are met and review real estate tax assessment information and assist in real estate tax appeals
- Oversee and direct staff in furtherance of properly managing the real estate interests of the company.
Education:Bachelor’s Degree from four-year College or University with two to three years industry experience/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Education in Real Estate, Business, Accounting or Finance preferred
- 3+ years of directly relevant Commercial Real Estate Property Management experience
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel
- Familiarity with property management/lease administration software (i.e. Yardi, MRI, Property Blvd, etc.) a plus
- Understanding of real estate accounting principles
- Effectively prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent organization, managerial and people skills
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing with peers, managers and tenants.
- Dependable & flexible as well as possessing the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Apply In Person or Mail:
- Piggly Wiggly Midwest
- 2215 Union Avenue
- Sheboygan, WI 53081
Mail a Résumé:
- Piggly Wiggly Midwest, Attn: HR
- 2215 Union Avenue
- Sheboygan, WI 53081
E-Mail a Résumé:
To apply for this job, send your résumé to: [email protected]
Additional Application Information: In order to be considered for this position, please specify which job (by title) you are applying for. Thank you!
No phone calls please