Application Systems Analyst
Summary of Position:
Train store operations personnel on installed retail technologies and customize existing and new applications to meet unique requirements of the end users. Application Analysts will gain experience in all facets of Retail Technology systems applications. Retail Technology systems applications include POS support, card marketing support, DSD, time and attendance, scale networking, spreadsheets, database, word processing and other off the shelf software applications. Job duties are performed in a generally unsupervised environment. The ability to meet projected timelines is very important. A high degree of personal responsibility and interpersonal communication is essential.
- Train operational procedures in regards to existing, updated or new system applications.
- Responsible for all data being accurate when a system application is installed.
- Review end user problems related to systems procedure, data management or desired results. Recommend system or procedure modification to compensate for equipment limitations.
- Coordinates some phases of a system installation. These phases include hardware and software training and documentation.
- Be accessible to users of various systems and software application in resolution of problems.
- Perform troubleshooting on a rotation of after-hours retail operations application emergencies.
Education: Associate Degree required
Experience / Qualifications:
- Experience in grocery retail, data processing or other retail business is essential and will be weighted against educational requirements
- Due to the ever changing and geographic nature of Retail Technology in the grocery retail business, flexible work hours and a desire for driving is necessary
- A high level of professionalism and initiative
- An ability to communicate Retail Technology systems in a retail operation environment. Good oral and written communication is very important.
- Good problem solving skills
- A general understanding of training, support and documentation methodologies.
- General understanding of Microsoft Windows and SCO UNIX operating system environment
- PC skills including Microsoft Office products
For the best response please use the link above to apply today!
Apply In Person:
- Piggly Wiggly Midwest
- 2215 Union Avenue
- Sheboygan, WI 53081
E-Mail a Résumé:
To apply for this job, send your résumé to: [email protected]
Additional Application Information: In order to be considered for this position, please specify which job (by title) you are applying for. Thank you!
No phone calls please