DRIVER (RELIEF) POSITION DESCRIPTION – HOURLY
Department: Transportation Department
Position Title: Relief Driver
Reports To: Transportation Coordinator
Primary objective and essential duties of the position: Working in the warehouse and meeting warehouse standards. Driving truck and meeting all Company policies and procedures as well as DOT rules and regulations, along with meeting Company delivery schedules. Develop a good working relationship with Store and/or Company personnel and provide customer service that exceeds our customer’s expectations.
Six (6) Major Responsibilities of the Position: % of Time Required
1. Pre-trip and post-trip inspections. 10 %
2. Paperwork: Properly filling out vehicle inspections, issuing credit slips, and properly filling out log and trip reports, etc. 5 %
3. Safely operate tractor with trailers up to 53’ in length. 55 %
4. Picking backhauls and perform proper freight and document verification. 10 %
5. Proper unloading procedures at the designated delivery locations. 10 %
6. Properly operate power equipment used by drivers. 10 %
Education: High School.
Experience: Must be 21 years of age. 1 year driving experience and a clean driving record with no criminal record.
Mathematical: Basic mathematical skills (add, subtract, multiply and division) required.
Reasoning or Analytical: Good reasoning skills required. Must have a strong attention for detail. Reading and writing a must.
Physical Demands: Physical Ability Test, DOT Physical, Drug Screening and the ability to work all shifts.
Work Environment: Varying Temperatures.
Certificates, Licenses, and/or Registrations: CDL A.
Additional Responsibilities: As defined by Shift Supervisor/Coordinator.
Disclaimer: The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, education factors, and the requirements and conditions listed in this position description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. The Employer reserves the right to revise this position description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations, or the work environment change.